“Clients consider me an ongoing, knowledgeable source of freelance writing support. They appreciate my ability to write good copy fast, while delivering outstanding service.” ~ Melanie Lundheim
Melanie at a Glance
- Founded Good Copy Fast: 1998
- Job Titles: Freelance Writer (Internal, Marketing, Technical, Instructional, Digital), Digital Marketer, SEO Copywriter and WordPress Website Developer
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Clients: Target, Ecolab, Infor, Cargill, 3M, General Mills, Caribou Coffee, Phillips-Medisize, Boston Scientific, Medtronic and others
- Favorite Pastimes: Walking while listening to audiobooks, writing, making websites and optimizing content for search
- Favorite Restaurant: Ray Azteca in Chanhassen, Minn.
- Recent Favorite Books: Looking Backward, by Edward Bellamy and Abundance: The Future is Better than You Think, by Dr. Peter H. Diamandis and Steven Kotler
- Favorite Game: Gin Rummy
- Favorite Movie: Airplane
- Favorite TV Shows: The Great British Baking Show, The Crown
- Favorite Things to Write: Speeches, case studies, articles, blog posts, video scripts and instructional materials
- Special Skills: Making the complex simple and writing good copy fast
- Likes: Lessening clients’ workloads, writing, strategizing, planning, brainstorming
- Dislikes: Rush-hour traffic, nylons and dry cleaning
Even before I could write, I was interested in words. I’d memorize song lyrics and imitate others’ handwriting for fun. Once I learned to write, I’d journal, craft poems and compose letters to family members and friends. In college at the University of Wisconsin — Madison, I majored in my best subject: English. While there, I loved to research topics, write papers and revise my work. My efforts resulted in good grades and gig selling, writing and designing ads for The Badger Herald.
Providing outstanding service is a passion of mine, which I attribute to lessons learned while working as a food server throughout high school and college. Upon graduation from college, I worked as an account executive at an ad agency. When the agency’s part-time copywriter was away, colleagues came to me for writing support. Before long, I was promoted to copywriter. In this role, I got to research clients, brainstorm concepts and write client-pleasing copy full time.
In 1998, I branched out on my own to become a freelance writer and founder of Good Copy Fast. That way, I could establish a solid client base before starting a family in 2001. My husband, Andy, is a first-grade teacher in our hometown of Minnetonka, Minn., and our kids, Soren and Tessa, attend school in the district.
I love drawing upon my networking, copywriting and service skills to land Fortune 500 clients, as well as repeat business and referrals. Over the years, clients have considered me an ongoing, knowledgeable source of freelance writing support. For them, I interview subject matter experts to get the background information I need to write speeches, case studies, brochures, articles, scripts, instructional materials, online content and much more. I’m also well versed in search engine optimization (SEO) copywriting, social media marketing and working within content management systems. For fun, I develop WordPress websites and dabble in code.
I’m available to help you on an as-needed basis, year-round. To discuss your writing, website or optimization projects, contact me today.